6/26/2013

Father's Day

Just a quick post to remember our first Father's Day. The Smith's have a lovely Sunday morning routine of a 6:30 wake-up call, a quick walk for Miss Gertrude, Tera coaxing Brett out of bed and into church garb and then 7:30 mass at Christ the King on Peachtree. If we're lucky, Monsignor Lopez is celebrating mass, if not, we still love seeing some of our favorite septuagenarian parishioners. Then breakfast! We have a slew of favorites, all local joints, no chains. Brett picked Rise and Dine that morning and we had a yummy, sunny breakfast with lots of good baby watching.

This baby is so lucky to have Brett for a daddy! I am so happy to see his excitement and anticipation at the birth of his first child. It's not that I didn't think he'd be loving toward the baby, but he's been so hands on and interested in the whole process, complete with reading to the baby and appeasing most of my whims (minus milkshakes which is actually a blessing for my blossoming figure).

Brett got a practical gift from me and the classic Father's Day tie from the baby. Hoping that will become a tradition! I may have to ensure he gets a couple tacky ones... My own dad wore the fish tie we gave him a little too often. And the souvenir Water Lilies tie from Giverny should have stayed in the closet but he proudly wore it for as long as I can remember. I love dads.


1 comment:

  1. Your little one will look back at this picture some day and say "wow, dad looked so young!"

    ReplyDelete